Noel Kreiss: Making sandals out of booties.

*All pictures have bigger versions for your enjoyment

This weekend, my bff came over, for a weekend of cosplay prepping, since I'm helping him with his first cosplay, I feel so honored to be able to help others with their cosplay.
Friday we made his patterns, and Saturday we drove out to get the fabric, and I myself got things for Noel /some pretty amazing fabric! we got our stuff ready and then we started working.


Since I wanted a break from embroidering, I decided I wanted to start on Noel's shoes, since I really like making shoes and boots, maybe because it's both crafting and sewing.
The base is an old pair of booties I've had lying around, and figured they'd be good. I know his design is flats, but with all the girls in my group wearings heels, I couldn't handle being the male AND the shorty.
I added a foam tip, to make the shoe a little wider and half-an-inch longer, comparing with my flat boots.


Then onwards to the covers, I've decided using two types of pleather, a very textured and another with a sleek look. Kaito's shoes only had two places with stitches, but since Final Fantasy's designs are so detailed, I figured I should get as close to the original as creatively possible.


God were we messy or what? ANYWAY before cutting into the original fabric for the leg-covers, I made a rough copy, wanted to see if my idea for the design would actually work. With a little touch-ups it did.


I left the the bottom free, to fit properly around my foot and the base.


And this is the result of an evenings work. All I need is to put in laces and the last piece around the ankle
I'm very satisfied with these, they've already turned out way better than I imagined /eventhough it looks like I have clowns feet on the second picture, wth? and they're really comfortable to wear and easy to walk in.
Hayes complimented me a lot on them, making me feel so humbled, I'm just happy I could actually make something this good.


Today, Sunday, I started stitching again, starting on another new color, it's moving forward! Oh yeah~
And Hayes got to finish his T-shirt for Maqui, his first, and damn, it's really well made, and I'm so proud!

 
arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education, forex trading, trading arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education, forex trading, trading