♥ YuuriK - Serah FFXIII-2


Ryea : Eventually I know her through her sis YuuriC .. haha
Been seeing her Vanille FFXIII cosplay featured in some other websites too~ *thumbsup*
Love her props for Serah very much too =D
Here would like to feature her latest Serah Cosplay in Otakon 2011 !~

Serah [FFXIII-2]

Ryea: What is cosplay to you ?

YK: Cosplay is not a so expensive hobby and it is a way to dress up as my most favorite characters.
It also has become like a family vacation, I go to conventions with all my sisters.


Ryea: Why attracts you to cosplay Serah from Final Fantasy XIII-2 ?

YK: At first my twin sis wanted to do a duo. I was never really attracted to Serah, but while
I researched her I began to like her character, and the design of her outfit is quite extraordinary.


Ryea: From Serah's overall costume, which is the most challenging part? why?

YK: I think the most challenging part was making the bow-blade and getting the skirt’s top panel right.
Also, trying to figure out most of the Etro script (there was no good cgi renders at the time).


Ryea: and what will be the most favorite part?

YK: My favorite part was making the pouch – it’s functional!
I was able to put small items in it.



Ryea: How long does it take to complete the whole costume?

YK: It took me two-three weeks to finish the outfit and bow-blade.
My twin sis helped me a lot to finish the prop in time.


Ryea: Any good/funny/memorable experience when you cosplay Serah?

YK: I have to say there was a funny experience at Otakon. A lady in her car stopped in the middle of the
street during a green light and just stared out of her car window at my sis and I with her jaw wide opened.
I was glad to receive so many nice compliments for my bow-blade.
Some noticed I had made the bow-blade with a few references and they were really impressed.


Ryea: In your opinion, do you think that good craftmanship means having much details on their work?

YK: I think whether the outfit /prop calls for lots of details or not it just needs to look right to determine
good craftsmanship. Sure someone who has lots of details on their outfit/prop will always get more compliments.


Ryea: How and what have you think you've improved from since you started cosplay?

YK: I think I have improved in the way I pose, sew, make-up, style wigs, and make props.
I feel like I still have a lot of space for improvement. Practicing on what I need to improve on helps.


Ryea: Any tips to share?

YK: I always say that everyone starts from somewhere. All a cosplayer needs is creativity, confidence,
and motivation. I believe every cosplayer gets better at cosplaying with practice,
for some people it would take time and lots of hard work.






 
arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education, forex trading, trading arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education, forex trading, trading